When you’re craving something decadent or want to impress friends with your mad baking skills, a rich chocolate cake is the way to win over hearts (and insatiable taste buds). This paleo-friendly chocolate truffle cake might not have eggs or other traditional baking ingredients but it has chocolate – lots and lots of chocolate. What more do you need?
Chocolate Truffle Cake
Recipe courtesy of The Healthy Foodie
For the crust: Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until the texture is wet but coarse. Press mixture into the bottom of a greased springform pan.
For the filling:
- In your food processor, add all ingredients from Part I except for coconut milk and process until well combined and smooth.
- While still running, add coconut milk through the food processor’s tube and blend until incorporated. Scrape the sides once or twice if necessary.
- In a small saucepan, bring the second can of coconut milk to a slow simmer. DO NOT let it boil.
- Put cacao paste in a large bowl and pour the simmering milk over it. Let it stand for a few minutes to allow chocolate to melt. Very delicately, mix with a rubber spatula until chocolate is completely melted and the mixture becomes creamy. Tip: if it begins to separate, just give it a whisk and it should smooth out again.
- Add chocolate mixture to the mixture in the food processor and process until combined.
- Pour over reserved crust and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove from pan by slightly heating the side of the pan with a propane torch or warm cloth. You can also run a knife around the edge, but it may leave indentations.
- Place cacao butter in the microwave and heat on high until completely melted, about 45 seconds to a minute.
- Add honey and coconut butter and stir until well combined.
- Place back in microwave and cook in intervals of 15-30 seconds, stirring between each. Repeat until mixture is smooth and silky enough to drizzle.
- Transfer the white chocolate to a squeeze bottle or plastic baggie with a corner cut open to drizzle over cake. The mixture can set quickly, so act fast!
Garnish with pecan pieces, slice it up and eat!
Sonia is The Healthy Foodie, a French Canadian on a mission to clean up her diet and become a more fit, better nourished person from the inside out.
Latest posts by Featured Guest (see all)
- How to Free Yourself From Toxic Relationships - May 20, 2015
- Is Simplicity the Key to a Happier, Healthier Life? - May 18, 2015
- What Is So Super About Superfoods? - April 20, 2015