Some days you don’t know what you’re craving. Your fridge is bare, or maybe there’s just nothing tickling your taste buds. These are the days you put together a basic PB&J (though it will never be as good as Mom’s). Since you’re a grown-up now, you could at least get a little creative with the brown bag classic. What you need is a fancier, more refined peanut butter and jelly ““ something the French may know a thing or two about. Thus, the PB&J French Toast Cup was born.
PB&J French Toast Cups
recipe courtesy of @fitwithtaste
Makes: 4 French toast cups; serves 2
Nutritional profile: for every 2 cups, you get 249 calories, 29 grams of carbs and 26 grams of protein
- Preheat oven to 350 F and spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or coat with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, add egg whites, milk, stevia, vanilla and cinnamon and whisk together.
- Cut each slice of bread into 8 squares.
- Dip bread into egg mixture and place in prepared pan, dividing among 4 muffin cups.
- Cut Quest bar into pieces and add to the muffin cups, evenly distributing among the four.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- While they’re baking, make your own fruit “jelly” by thawing frozen berries in the microwave for 30 seconds. Smash the berries with a fork and spoon top of the cups once they’re done baking.
Take a big ole bite and enjoy!