Cookie dough is a dessert in itself. But for some reason we love it so much more when it’s anything but baked into a cookie. So let’s give the people what they want! In this delicious dessert, you’ll get a fully emerged hit of flavor from the combination of peanut butter, chocolate chips, coconut oil and a secretly healthy ingredient (shh — don’t spoil it for your biggest fans).
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
Makes 12 bars
Nutritional profile: 325 calories, 37 grams carbs, 17 grams fat and 6 grams protein
1 can no salt added chickpeas
1/3 cup almond milk
½ cup creamy peanut butter
2/3 cup coconut sugar
¼ cup raw honey
½ cup almond flour
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
a ton of chocolate chips, or roughly ¾ cup
- In a blender or food processor, mix chickpeas and almond milk until creamy. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined. The batter should be thick, but add a bit of almond milk if it’s past the point of stirring.
- Grease 8×8″ baking dish with nonstick cooking oil spray.
- Press batter into prepared baking dish and bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into bars, but be sure to enjoy as soon as humanly possible!
Allergen note: These could easily be made vegan or gluten free if you sub the raw honey for agave nectar and/or be sure to choose gluten-free almond flour (the one linked above) and a vanilla extract without gluten (though it will probably have alcohol).