Cookie dough is a dessert in itself. But for some reason we love it so much more when it’s anything but baked into a cookie. So let’s give the people what they want! In this delicious dessert, you’ll get a fully emerged hit of flavor from the combination of peanut butter, chocolate chips, coconut oil and a secretly healthy ingredient (shh — don’t spoil it for your biggest fans).
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
Makes 12 bars
Nutritional profile: 325 calories, 37 grams carbs, 17 grams fat and 6 grams protein
1 can no salt added chickpeas
1/3 cup almond milk
½ cup creamy peanut butter
2/3 cup coconut sugar
¼ cup raw honey
½ cup almond flour
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
a ton of chocolate chips, or roughly ¾ cup
- In a blender or food processor, mix chickpeas and almond milk until creamy. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined. The batter should be thick, but add a bit of almond milk if it’s past the point of stirring.
- Grease 8×8″ baking dish with nonstick cooking oil spray.
- Press batter into prepared baking dish and bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into bars, but be sure to enjoy as soon as humanly possible!
Allergen note: These could easily be made vegan or gluten free if you sub the raw honey for agave nectar and/or be sure to choose gluten-free almond flour (the one linked above) and a vanilla extract without gluten (though it will probably have alcohol).
Jasmine Schmalhaus, “JazzyThings,” has a passion for cooking and baking. She loves experimenting in the kitchen and then sharing her “jazzy creations” with others. JazzyThings emphasizes you do not have to sacrifice flavor or efficiency when eating healthy and strives to create recipes that inspire creativity for others in the kitchen. Visit her website at www.thejazzythi