Ice cream and candy? As long as you’re splurging, you might as well go all out! Why rack up extra calories and fat from treats that come in cardboard tubs and plastic wrappers? Make your own heavenly indulgence with wholesome, natural ingredients that not only taste better but are better for you, too. With hand-churned creaminess and homemade peanut butter cup chunks, this frozen treat is stone cold awesome, no matter which way it’s scooped.
For peanut butter cups:
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine melted coconut oil, cacao powder and agave; mix well.
- Arrange liners in muffin tin; pour small amount of cacao mixture into each well and place tin in freezer to set for about 10 minutes or until hardened.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of peanut butter on top of frozen chocolate. Cover with additional chocolate mixture.
- Return tin to freezer for another 10 minutes.
For ice cream:
- Add frozen bananas to food processor; pulse until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients; pulse for 30 seconds to a minute, adding one peanut butter cup at the end.
- Chop remaining peanut butter cups and mix them into ice cream.
- Freeze ice cream for 30 minutes to an hour before serving.