Stick a fork in this protein-packed peanut butter pie and call it a day. The slightly crunchy crust and soft center are what make this the perfect dessert after a stressful day, intense workout or just because you can’t resist it. If you’re a peanut butter lover, forget it! You’ll be pushing family members to the ground and stepping on your dog’s tail just to get a slice of low-carb, high-protein heaven.
Peanut Butter Pie
Nutritional profile: 377 calories, 16 grams protein and only 19 grams of carbs per serving
1. In a blender, grind the peanuts until crumbly.
2. Stir in next 2 ingredients until well blended. Press into a greased pie pan to form the crust of the pie.
3. To make the filling: In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients thoroughly.
4. Pour over crust and bake at 350 F degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Jazz it up with a little chocolate drizzle, made with dark chocolate chips and coconut oil melted together. High-five for pie!
Jasmine Schmalhaus, “JazzyThings,” has a passion for cooking and baking. She loves experimenting in the kitchen and then sharing her “jazzy creations” with others. JazzyThings emphasizes you do not have to sacrifice flavor or efficiency when eating healthy and strives to create recipes that inspire creativity for others in the kitchen. Visit her website at www.thejazzythi
Latest posts by jazzythings (see all)
- Quinoa Christmas Cookies - December 16, 2014
- Gluten-Free Ginger Snap Cookies - December 11, 2014
- Holiday Protein Treat: Chocolate Peppermint Brownies - December 9, 2014