Rice krispie treats from your childhood were probably made with the blue box cereal and a melted mixture of marshmallows and butter. If you were really fancy, you’d add chocolate chips or maybe use food coloring. My goodness, how things have changed! These protein krispies don’t require stove-top heating. Best of all, there’s no call for butter…unless you count peanut butter. In fact, there’s lots of peanut butter flavor in this recipe. From protein powder to coconut nectar, the ingredients are good and good for you. So, get ready to stir with some muscle, lick a few sticky fingers and savor the new-and-improved rice krispie treat. You’re welcome.
- In a large bowl, add peanut butter and coconut nectar. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir well.
- Add protein powder and almond milk. Stir until well-combined.
- Fold in brown rice cereal, being sure to coat all the cereal with the peanut butter and protein mixture.
- Press krispies into a greased 13”x9” pan (or 8×8 for thicker treats).
- Eat right away or freeze for later.