You can take a shortcut to the mall. But when it comes to baking moist chocolate cupcakes, don’t let quickness trump quality. Betty Crocker, beware! Mixing your own batter is not at all difficult ““ or time-consuming. Best of all, you’ll know each and every ingredient is fresh, pure and good for you!
Peanut Butter-Stuffed Cupcakes
Nutritional profile: each cupcake provides 244 delicious calories, 14 grams of carbs and 13 grams of protein.
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
4 scoops chocolate protein powder
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
1 cup peanut butter
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the peanut butter.
2. Pour batter into a lined cupcake pan, just enough to coat the bottom.
3. Add a dollop (about 1 Tbsp.) of peanut butter on top of each cupcake.
4. Cover the peanut butter with the remaining batter, until about 2/3 full.
5. Bake at 350 F for about 12 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake these, or they’ll become dry.
Jasmine Schmalhaus, “JazzyThings,” has a passion for cooking and baking. She loves experimenting in the kitchen and then sharing her “jazzy creations” with others. JazzyThings emphasizes you do not have to sacrifice flavor or efficiency when eating healthy and strives to create recipes that inspire creativity for others in the kitchen. Visit her website at www.thejazzythi