You can take a shortcut to the mall. But when it comes to baking moist chocolate cupcakes, don’t let quickness trump quality. Betty Crocker, beware! Mixing your own batter is not at all difficult — or time-consuming. Best of all, you’ll know each and every ingredient is fresh, pure and good for you!
Peanut Butter-Stuffed Cupcakes
Nutritional profile: each cupcake provides 244 delicious calories, 14 grams of carbs and 13 grams of protein.
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
4 scoops chocolate protein powder
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
1 cup peanut butter
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the peanut butter.
2. Pour batter into a lined cupcake pan, just enough to coat the bottom.
3. Add a dollop (about 1 Tbsp.) of peanut butter on top of each cupcake.
4. Cover the peanut butter with the remaining batter, until about 2/3 full.
5. Bake at 350 F for about 12 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake these, or they’ll become dry.