White cabbage coleslaw is so 1962! It’s time to try a broccoli-based version, which offers greater nutritional bang for the bunch (more potassium, magnesium and vitamins A and C). With this mayonnaise-free, gluten-free recipe, the new-age hamburger sidekick will quickly convince even the most “traditional” guests that it’s okay – even enjoyable – to eat a healthier slaw. Hello, 21st Century!
Poppy Seed Broccoli Slaw
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients together.
- Stir until all of the slaw is covered in dressing. Add more dressing if you like it creamier, but note that the broccoli will absorb the dressing as it sits. A little really goes a long way.
- Cover and put in the fridge for a few hours, so the flavors fuse together. This tastes best when made a day in advance.
Latest posts by Liz Lotts (see all)
- Very Berry Lemon Bars - April 24, 2015
- Italian Herb Hemp Hummus - April 17, 2015
- Which Supplements Best Support *Your* Fitness Goals? - April 14, 2015