Crunchy is not how you’d typically describe frozen yogurt. Yet, somehow, the two pair nicely in this cobbler-inspired recipe. Characteristic of a good fruit pie, you’ll bite into pieces of flaky crust with each spoonful. Plus, choosing frozen peaches over fresh delivers a thick, creamy texture that makes this fro-yo taste more like real-deal ice cream. Tricking those taste buds feels so peachy keen, doesn’t it?
1 Vanilla Almond Crunch Quest Bar
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1 ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 cup frozen peaches
1 cup pecans, chopped
¾ cup water
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
40-50 drops stevia or liquid sweetener of your choice
- Microwave the Quest bar for 8 seconds. Flatten as much as possible on a silicone baking sheet or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake Quest bar “dough” on 350°F for 8 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into small pieces. Leave a few aside for topping.
- In a blender, add Quest bar pieces, yogurt, vanilla and stevia. Taste as you go. Once nice and smooth, add frozen peaches, water and protein powder and blend until very smooth.
- Place mixture into an ice cream maker and mix until ice cream consistency forms.
- Top with pecans, more peaches and extra Quest bar pieces.
Note: The ice cream maker is optional. If the mixture isn’t firm enough from the blender, add some ice cubes and blend until thickened.