Turning tradition on its head is sort of my forte. That’s why I loaded these snickerdoodle cookies with cinnamon swirl whey protein, mixed it up with oat flour and rolled them into bite-sized balls. These puppies are nowhere near short on flavor or that chewiness you expect from a fresh-baked cookie. Plus, pumpkin spice makes everything nice!
3 cups oat flour
1 cup pureed pumpkin
2/3 cup coconut sugar, plus more for coating
2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
4 scoops Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl Whey Protein Powder
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. cinnamon, plus more for coating
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients.
3. The dough will be sticky, so refrigerate for an hour, or until it’s hard enough to manipulate.
4. Roll dough into balls.
5. In a small bowl, combine extra cinnamon and coconut sugar and roll balls in mixture to coat.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Jasmine Schmalhaus, “JazzyThings,” has a passion for cooking and baking. She loves experimenting in the kitchen and then sharing her “jazzy creations” with others. JazzyThings emphasizes you do not have to sacrifice flavor or efficiency when eating healthy and strives to create recipes that inspire creativity for others in the kitchen. Visit her website at www.thejazzythi
Latest posts by jazzythings (see all)
- Quinoa Christmas Cookies - December 16, 2014
- Gluten-Free Ginger Snap Cookies - December 11, 2014
- Holiday Protein Treat: Chocolate Peppermint Brownies - December 9, 2014