Sometimes, a cookie needs a pop, a zest or a drizzle. Take the classic peanut butter cookie, for example. It’s a little crunchy when cooked just right, but its flavor is all savory. Add a few chocolate chips to the equation, and you now have a sweet-and-salty collaboration with a tinge of oh-my-gooey. Let’s say we forget the chocolate and just add more peanut butter from two of the creamiest sources – peanut butter cups and the all-natural, spreadable stuff. In this recipe, you’ll sandwich those candy cups between the cookie dough, creating a smooth, pillowy treat when you bite into it. If that’s not enough to wow you, then drizzle with melted chocolate and enjoy!
Protein Cookies Stuffed with Quest Peanut Butter Cups
1 package Quest Peanut Butter Cups
½ cup almond flour
¼ cup coconut flour
¾ scoop Giant Sports Delicious Vanilla Shake Protein Powder
¼ cup sugar-free maple syrup
2 Tbsp all-natural peanut butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F, line a baking sheet with foil and then coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, add all ingredients (except Quest Peanut Butter Cups) to a mixing bowl and stir until well-combined. Dough will be thick.
- Divide the dough into 8 even balls.
- Cut each Quest Peanut Butter Cup into 4 even sections, making 8 pieces total.
- Flatten 1 cookie dough ball and place 1 Quest Peanut Butter Cup section in the middle of the cookie dough. Gently wrap the cookie dough around the Quest section. Repeat this process until 8 stuffed cookies are made.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Let cool and drizzle with melted chocolate chips if you’d like.