It’s no fun having champagne taste on a beer budget. Besides, you deserve nice things, like those red-soled heels darting “take-me” stares as you begrudgingly walk right by. Well, at least your love for rich desserts doesn’t have to break the bank – or calorie budget. Take this creamy, lavish cheesecake, for example. It’s made with simple, good-for-you ingredients that transform into the most deluxe treat. Try it for yourself (we won’t burst your bubble).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, microwave Quest bars and apple sauce for 15 seconds.
- Add oats and mix thoroughly.
- Press the mixture into silicone molds and bake for 8 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix cream cheese, vanilla, stevia and egg. Whisk together until well-blended.
- Pour cake mixture over baked crust and put it back in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- Move to the fridge for several hours to set the cheesecake.
- Top with fresh berries and enjoy!
Note: I made a batch of 8 mini cheesecakes, but this would work well in an 8-inch round cake pan, too. Give it a try!