Who doesn’t love chocolate? But can it be part of the Paleo diet? The answer is yes! Remember, though, that we’re talking about the real deal, not an ultra-processed, adulterated version of something that used to be healthy in its original form.
I recommend going for 100% raw, organic Navitas Naturals Cacao Nibs“”much more nutritious than the milky, sugary stuff you might be used to. Give it a try with this simple raw chocolate-strawberry smoothie recipe.
1. Combine all ingredients in blender and whiz to combine. Add ice for extra frothiness.
2. Top with freshly ground nutmeg.
Nell Stephenson, the original “Paleoista,” is the author of Paleoista, Gain Energy, Get Lean and Feel Fabulous with the Diet You Were Born to Eat (Touchstone, 2012) and co-author of The Paleo Diet Cookbook with Dr. Loren Cordain, PhD (Wiley & Sons, 2010). In addition to her work as nutrition consultant and trained chef, Stephenson is a personal trainer and competitive endurance athlete who credits the Paleo diet for her transformed health and athletic success. Visit her blog at www.paleoista.com.
New to the paleo diet? Take the guesswork out of everyday eating with a customized nutritional plan from Nell Stephenson””now available at Vitacost.com! Choose from more than a dozen specialized menus tailored to fit your unique lifestyle and nutritional needs.
Latest posts by Paleoista (see all)
- Paleo BBQ Tips: How to Grill Meat Safely - May 11, 2015
- Are Protein Products OK to Eat If You’re Following a Paleo Diet? - April 21, 2015
- Tips for Snacking Healthy on a Paleo Diet - April 7, 2015