What’s cooler than a creamy scoop of ice cream on a hot summer day? How about a frozen, non-dairy, natural and 100% raw treat you made yourself, from scratch? Nothing beats homemade, and this chilly confection is a DIY superstar that I scream, you scream and everyone at your backyard get-together is going to scream for. Tucked between two layers of cacao & walnut brownies is a wonderland of sweet, dairy-free ice cream, spun up in your very own blender. Dunk the whole thing in a chocolaty-coconut coating that hardens into a candy-like shell when frozen, and wave goodbye to that ice cream truck—for good!
Ice Cream Ingredient
3 frozen bananas
Chocolate Coating Ingredients:
- To make brownies, combine walnuts, dates, vanilla and cacao powder in food processor and pulse until well blended.
- Press half of mixture into the wells of a muffin pan.
- Blend bananas until creamy; spread mixture over brownie layers.
- Place muffin pan in freezer for one hour.
- Spread remaining brownie mixture over ice cream layer; freeze for an additional hour.
- For coating, combine cacao butter, lucuma powder, coconut nectar, cacao powder and salt in foo processor and blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a bowl.
- Carefully remove brownie sandwiches from muffin pan. Dip sandwiches in chocolate mixture until coated evenly. Place sandwiches back in the muffin pan.
- Freeze for an additional 1-2 hours or until chocolate hardens.
Latest posts by Andrew Davis (see all)
- Carrot & Coriander Hummus - August 29, 2014
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream Avalanche (Raw & Vegan) - August 22, 2014
- Raw-Vegan Strawberry Shortcake with Homemade Cashew Cream - August 15, 2014