Apples are overrated. Forget fruit and piece together a pie packed with nuts in a Southern-style dessert favorite gone raw. From the crumbly, coconut-tinged crust to the chewy, nut-studded filling, this pecan pie is prepped without heat—or the sugar, butter and other unhealthy add-ins that leave you limited to a single slice of the traditional kind. Dig in, y’all!
- Add the dates, coconut flakes and walnuts to the food processor and pulse until mixed.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of a pie tray.
- Blend all filling ingredients together until smooth. Pour into crust and top with pecans.
- Place in freezer overnight to set. Remove from freezer 10 minutes or so before serving to let it thaw.
Latest posts by Andrew Davis (see all)
- Carrot & Coriander Hummus - August 29, 2014
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream Avalanche (Raw & Vegan) - August 22, 2014
- Raw-Vegan Strawberry Shortcake with Homemade Cashew Cream - August 15, 2014