With butter-laced crust and a filling made with gelatin, traditional key lime pie is off limits if you’re vegan. Not to worry! You can still enjoy this Florida state pie (yes, it’s officially a state pie!) with my 100% raw, vegan recipe. The secret to its moist-yet-delicate crust is crushed almonds and hemp seeds blended together with soft, sweet dates. Inside, whipped avocado is combined with lime juice, coconut oil and other plant-based favorites for creamy texture and an irresistible tropical taste.
Raw & Vegan Key Lime Pie
1. Using food processor, pulse hemp seeds into a powder. Add dates and almonds; process until mixture lumps together. Press into pie dish.
2. In food processor, combine lime juice, cashews, avocado, coconut oil, agave and vanilla; process until thick and creamy.
3. Pour filling into crust.
4. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Latest posts by Andrew Davis (see all)
- Carrot & Coriander Hummus - August 29, 2014
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream Avalanche (Raw & Vegan) - August 22, 2014
- Raw-Vegan Strawberry Shortcake with Homemade Cashew Cream - August 15, 2014