Mmm, warm, nutty peanut butter muffins, fresh from the oven, bursting with brown raisins and oats””without the high calorie count you’d expect from a recipe this decadent? Sign me up! This amazing recipe uses get-skinny shortcuts such as swapping out eggs and butter for Greek yogurt and skipping the full-fat peanut butter and instead using PBSLIM, which is made from natural, organic non-GMO peanuts but has been processed to remove 85% of the calories.
- 1 ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin coconut oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- ¾ cup PBSLIM mixed with water to form a liquid paste
- ¾ cup raw honey
- ½ cup organic raisins
- 1 tsp. sea salt
Combine flour, oats, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl, then stir in raisins.
In a second bowl, mix together honey, yogurt, PBSLIM paste, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Fold into dry ingredients and stir until blended.
Insert baking liners into two cupcake/muffin pans and spoon in batter to fill all 24 liners.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Latest posts by Jorie (see all)
- 4 Natural Ways to Clean Baby Toys - September 15, 2014
- 23 Thoughts That Go Through Your Mind While Detoxing From Diet Soda - September 8, 2014
- Give Your Kids’ Diet a Mediterranean Makeover - September 1, 2014