Just when you think following a vegan diet is no big whoop, the summer rolls around and you realize s’mores are off limits (stupid marshmallow gelatin!). But what if they weren’t? What if you could still indulge in that gooey, chew-for-days campfire favorite? It gets better. These Vegan S’mores Bites are totally tote-worthy treats that won’t leave you with sticky marshmallow fingers. You’ll make these without even lighting a match.
Macros per bite:
9 g carbs
1.2 g protein
5.3 g fat
¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
½ Tbsp. coconut oil
- In a food processor, blend oats, cereal, cinnamon, vanilla and stevia until oats are ground. Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil and process until ingredients are incorporated. Add more stevia or cinnamon to adjust sweetness.
- In a small bowl, add marshmallows and remaining tablespoon coconut oil. Microwave for 50-60 seconds, or until marshmallows begin to melt and inflate. *If you have more time, I recommend heating over the stove on low heat, stirring constantly until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Pour oat mixture into marshmallow cream and mix to combine. Warning: this will be a sticky mess.
- Using your hands, roll marshmallow-oat mixture into balls. Set aside while you make chocolate coating.
- In a small bowl, add chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave for 20 seconds, stir for a minute and heat for another 10 seconds, or until chocolate is completely melted. Stir again to smooth it all out.
- Dip balls into chocolate, rolling the balls around and spooning chocolate over top.
- Move to a greased mini muffin pan to create little cup shapes, or place on a greased plate to keep in ball form. If there’s leftover chocolate, spoon it over each s’more for good measure.
- Refrigerate s’mores for at least an hour, or until the chocolate sets. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Liz Lotts (see all)
- Berry Good Vegan Muffins - June 19, 2015
- Top-Performing Foods for High-Temp Training - June 5, 2015
- Train Your Gut to Handle GU (and Other Sports Fuel) - May 29, 2015