The weather outside is frightful ““ and hot beverages taste so delightful! Whether it’s snowing, raining or windy in your neck of the woods, stay warm and cozy on the inside with a few of our favorite coffees, teas and cocoa mixes:
- When it comes to cold weather wonders, cocoa or hot chocolate deserves a high rating on the list. Combining the benefits of antioxidants with the incomparable flavor of chocolate, a steaming cup of cocoa can change a dreary day into a special occasion. And we’ve got everything you need at Vitacost to make it a reality! If you’re on a diet, try mixing fat-free hot milk with Dukan Diet Organic Cocoa Powder and sweeten it with Best of All calorie-free stevia. Want rich, creamy cocoa? Try whole milk mixed with Frontier Natural Products Organic Dutch Cocoa Powder.
- How about a nice cuppa tea? Providing you with a nice dose of antioxidants, tea options range from herbal to kick-start caffeinated. The only problem: Which ones to choose! For breakfast time, try Celestial Seasonings Morning Thunder. At noon, enjoy the fabulous flavor of Twinings Chai Tea French Vanilla. Partner it with White Wave Vanilla Almond Milk and a spoonful of Wee Bee Naturally Raw Honey, and you’ll be in beverage heaven! After dinner, if you have problems getting a good night’s sleep, try Celestial Seasoning’s Sleepytime Herbal Tea for a no-need-to-count-sheep slumber or try Yogi Bedtime Herbal Soothing Caramel Tea.
- Coffee can rev you up in the morning, give you a kick at noon and, when you choose decaf, make a nice addition to your dessert at dinner. The key: Choosing the best brands! For breakfast, try the appropriately named Equal Exchange Ground Organic Breakfast Blend Coffee. At noon, savor the flavor of Jim’s Hazelnut Organic Coffee. And for the perfect after-dinner coffee that won’t keep you up all night, try Teeccino Mediterranean Herbal Coffee Almond Amaretto.
Joanne Eglash, Vitacost.com’s Diet Diva, has a master of science in holistic nutrition and more than 15 years experience as a nutrition consultant, blogger, author and journalist. She has written for a wide range of publications and websites, including ediets.com,Natural Health magazine, Shape magazine, Success magazine, Energy for Women and Chefs. Joanne is currently the national Diets columnist for the online news and entertainment site, Examiner.com, and a features food columnist for Yahoo.
Latest posts by Diet Diva (see all)
- 5 Expert Tips for Warding Off Holiday Weight Gain - November 24, 2014
- 4 Ideas for a Healthier Thanksgiving Gravy - November 17, 2014
- What to Eat, What to Skip If You’re Dieting This Thanksgiving - November 10, 2014