The ho-hum holiday thumbprint cookie has a shortbread base with a schmear of jam. But I like to switch things up. You know, keep it jazzy and interesting. Besides, I can think of richer, more satisfying combos for dessert. (Shortbread and jam sounds like breakfast!) Thus, we turn to the greatest flavor lovebirds of all time ““ chocolate and peanut butter. Can I get a thumbs up before you press it down?
Chocolate Thumbprint Protein Cookies
1. Mix all ingredients into a bowl and stir thoroughly.
2. Roll batter into ping-pong-sized balls.
3. Press your thumb into the center of each ball, creating little flavor crevices.
4. Melt ½ cup creamy peanut butter in the microwave for 1 minute and spoon a dollop of PB into the thumbprint of each cookie. If you need more PB, by all means, USE MORE!
Now, lick the spoon clean, bite into one of those cookies and bask in the amazingness.
Jasmine Schmalhaus, “JazzyThings,” has a passion for cooking and baking. She loves experimenting in the kitchen and then sharing her “jazzy creations” with others. JazzyThings emphasizes you do not have to sacrifice flavor or efficiency when eating healthy and strives to create recipes that inspire creativity for others in the kitchen. Visit her website at www.thejazzythi
Latest posts by jazzythings (see all)
- Quinoa Christmas Cookies - December 16, 2014
- Gluten-Free Ginger Snap Cookies - December 11, 2014
- Holiday Protein Treat: Chocolate Peppermint Brownies - December 9, 2014