It’s the weight loss plan that Kate Middleton and her mum both used to shed pounds for that royal wedding day. Ever since, the Dukan diet has skyrocketed in popularity in France, England and the United States. So what is this diet fit to royalty? We’re glad you asked!
The Dukan diet consists of four phases:
- Attack: During the attack phase, you’ll choose from 72 high protein foods that will provide you with quick weight loss.
- Cruise: Alternate pure protein days with days on which you enjoy a choice of 28 vegetables as well as the selected proteins.
- Consolidation: You will gradually include a wider variety of foods, including what the Dukan diet refers to as “festive meals” (bring on the wedding cake!).
- Stabilization: You’ll follow three simple rules to maintain your weight loss success, such as occasionally returning to a day of pure protein.
To help you succeed on the Dukan diet, we’re proud to offer a variety of Dukan foods and products:
- The original Dukan diet book by Pierre Dukan explains precisely what to eat on each phase, with recipes included to keep you on the path to permanent weight loss success.
- Dukan Diet Organic Oat Bran: Oat bran plays a key role in the Dukan diet. You can cook it for breakfast or use it in recipes such as pancakes (we’ve got the recipe on our site!). It’s filling and the perfect solution for a cold winter day, with 60 calories and lots of fiber and protein.
- Dukan Diet Chocolate Oat Bran Bars: Are you thinking that you can’t give up your chocolate? Bite into one of these delicious, 90-calorie, protein-rich bars and you’ll recognize that you can diet and have your chocolate too! They contain the oat bran that you need to succeed on the Dukan diet.
- Dukan Diet Organic Stevia: When it comes to sweeteners without calories, the Dukan diet recommends organic stevia in an easy-to-use bottle for beverages and recipes.
- Dukan Diet Goji Berries: Have you heard of goji berries, the hottest new superfood? They taste fabulous and can be enjoyed as part of your weight loss success.
- Dukan Diet Natural Slimming Tea: For a hot beverage to support your weight loss, consider Dukan Diet slimming tea, with natural ingredients to detoxify and balance your body’s health.
- Dukan Diet Coconut cookies: What are you going to do when you have a case of the crunchies? Munch on one of these tasty, oat-bran-filled Dukan Diet Coconut cookies, of course! They’re low in calories (3 cookies contain just 130 calories) and high in protein.
Joanne Eglash, Vitacost.com’s Diet Diva, has a master of science in holistic nutrition and more than 15 years experience as a nutrition consultant, blogger, author and journalist. She has written for a wide range of publications and websites, including ediets.com,Natural Health magazine, Shape magazine, Success magazine, Energy for Women and Chefs. Joanne is currently the national Diets columnist for the online news and entertainment site, Examiner.com, and a features food columnist for Yahoo.
Latest posts by Diet Diva (see all)
- 5 Expert Tips for Warding Off Holiday Weight Gain - November 24, 2014
- 4 Ideas for a Healthier Thanksgiving Gravy - November 17, 2014
- What to Eat, What to Skip If You’re Dieting This Thanksgiving - November 10, 2014