Gluten, especially wheat, is in foods ranging from soup to salad dressing to gravy to dessert. Not a problem ““ unless you have celiac disease, a wheat allergy or a wheat intolerance. If you’re among the many people who suffer tummy troubles and more from foods containing gluten, Elisabeth Hasselbeck wants to help!
Elisabeth initially discovered that she had celiac disease after surviving “Survivor:” She found out that going without wheat relieved the multiple stomach ailments from which she’d suffered for years. As a result, Elisabeth was tested and discovered she has celiac disease. Determined to prove that you can eat well without wheat, she’s concocted her own tasty gluten-free goodies for adults as well as kids:
- Trying to cut down on calories? Then you’ll love Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s NoGii No Gluten Protein D’Lites Chocolate Caramel Bliss! These richly flavored treats contain only 120 calories per bar, with an impressive 8 grams of protein to keep you satisfied between meals.
- When you’re on the run, juggling work, kids and other demands, you want a snack bar to fulfill your nutritional needs. And more than that, you want something that tastes fabulous. Elisabeth meets both challenges with Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s NoGii No Gluten High Protein Bar Peanut Butter and Chocolate. With 20 grams of protein, these protein bars give you an energizing boost. And that combination of chocolate and peanut butter delivers on the craving for something sweet.
- Are you nuts about nuts? Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s NoGii Paleo Bar Nuts About Nuts is designed just for you! In addition to providing you with a gluten-free treat, this bar complies with the guidelines of the Paleo diet, which means that it’s dairy-free, too.
- These days, skipping a meal because “there’s no time!” has become a frequent plight. And many meal replacement bars contain trans fat as well as gluten. But that’s not the case with Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s NoGii No Gluten Protein Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Crisp! You’ll get 30 grams of protein, 0 grams of trans fat and a healthy mixture of ingredients that result in a make-your-taste-buds-happy delight.
Joanne Eglash, Vitacost.com’s Diet Diva, has a master of science in holistic nutrition and more than 15 years experience as a nutrition consultant, blogger, author and journalist. She has written for a wide range of publications and websites, including ediets.com,Natural Health magazine, Shape magazine, Success magazine, Energy for Women and Chefs. Joanne is currently the national Diets columnist for the online news and entertainment site, Examiner.com, and a features food columnist for Yahoo.
Latest posts by Diet Diva (see all)
- 4 Ideas for a Healthier Thanksgiving Gravy - November 17, 2014
- What to Eat, What to Skip If You’re Dieting This Thanksgiving - November 10, 2014
- 5 Ways to Savor Fall Flavor (and Cut Calories!) With Spices - November 3, 2014