Gluten, especially wheat, is in foods ranging from soup to salad dressing to gravy to dessert. Not a problem ““ unless you have celiac disease, a wheat allergy or a wheat intolerance. If you’re among the many people who suffer tummy troubles and more from foods containing gluten, Elisabeth Hasselbeck wants to help!
Elisabeth initially discovered that she had celiac disease after surviving “Survivor:” She found out that going without wheat relieved the multiple stomach ailments from which she’d suffered for years. As a result, Elisabeth was tested and discovered she has celiac disease. Determined to prove that you can eat well without wheat, she’s concocted her own tasty gluten-free goodies for adults as well as kids:
- Trying to cut down on calories? Then you’ll love Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s NoGiiâ„¢ No Gluten Protein D’Lites Chocolate Caramel Bliss! These richly flavored treats contain only 120 calories per bar, with an impressive 8 grams of protein to keep you satisfied between meals.
- When you’re on the run, juggling work, kids and other demands, you want a snack bar to fulfill your nutritional needs. And more than that, you want something that tastes fabulous. Elisabeth meets both challenges with Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s NoGiiâ„¢ No Gluten High Protein Bar Peanut Butter and Chocolate. With 20 grams of protein, these protein bars give you an energizing boost. And that combination of chocolate and peanut butter delivers on the craving for something sweet.
- Are you nuts about nuts? Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s NoGiiâ„¢ Paleo Bar Nuts About Nuts is designed just for you! In addition to providing you with a gluten-free treat, this bar complies with the guidelines of the Paleo diet, which means that it’s dairy-free, too.
- Parents raising children with celiac disease or who have wheat allergies can often have problems in responding to that pitiful plea, “Why can’t I have a candy bar like my best friend?” To the rescue: Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s NoGii Kidsâ„¢ Bar Marshmallow Rice Crisp! Remember those old-fashioned rice cereal and marshmallow treats? Consider these a healthy version of those old-time favorites. And a bonus for parents concerned with children who also have nut allergies: these bars are nut-free as well as gluten-free.
- Do you have a picky eater in your household or a nibbler who can’t handle regular size snack bars? Stop wasting food and add these to your kitchen cabinets: fun-size versions of Elisabeth’s marshmallow rice crisp bars! With only 80 calories per bar, they’re also a fabulous way for dieters to enjoy a gluten-free goody without guilt.
- These days, skipping a meal because “there’s no time!” has become a frequent plight. And many meal replacement bars contain trans fat as well as gluten. But that’s not the case with Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s NoGiiâ„¢ No Gluten Protein Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Crisp! You’ll get 30 grams of protein, 0 grams of trans fat and a healthy mixture of ingredients that result in a make-your-taste-buds-happy delight.
Joanne Eglash, Vitacost.com’s Diet Diva, has a master of science in holistic nutrition and more than 15 years experience as a nutrition consultant, blogger, author and journalist. She has written for a wide range of publications and websites, including ediets.com,Natural Health magazine, Shape magazine, Success magazine, Energy for Women and Chefs. Joanne is currently the national Diets columnist for the online news and entertainment site, Examiner.com, and a features food columnist for Yahoo.
Latest posts by Diet Diva (see all)
- 3 Simple (and Delicious!) Ways to Serve Shirataki Noodles - September 15, 2014
- 4 Tips for Maintaining Your Weight Loss Success - September 8, 2014
- Should Dieters Take a Probiotic Supplement? - September 1, 2014