Scenario: You and your best friend decide to go on a diet. You eat the same foods, follow the same exercise plans. But ““ she loses 10 pounds, and you gain two. What’s up with that? According to Dr. Peter D’Adamo, the difference just might be in your blood type.
Creator of the Blood Type Diets, Dr. D’Adamo says that by following the right diet for your blood type, you can lose weight, improve your health and energize your life! First step: Find out your blood type with the D’Adamo Blood Type Diet Original Home Blood Typing Kit.
Once you know your blood type, follow the right diet for you:
- Type O: Follow a higher protein, lower carb diet. For example, you might want to skip the standard toast and oatmeal breakfast. Instead, enjoy protein cereal such as Kay’s Naturals Protein Cereal.
And rather than toast, enjoy scrambled eggs or turkey bacon.
- Type A: Enjoy a plant-based, lower fat diet. Step away from that hamburger and French fries for lunch, for example. Instead, consider Foods Alive Organic Flax Crackers, spread with reduced-fat PB Slim Powdered Peanut Butter and a crunchy apple. Fill up on a salad made with a wide range of veggies, from lettuce to chopped carrots to tomatoes and serve with low-fat salad dressing, such as Annie’s Naturals Lite Dressing Gingerly Vinaigrette.
- Type B and AB: For you, Dr. D’Adamo recommends an omnivorous diet. You can enjoy both animal-based and plant-based foods. And if you’re a snack lover, you’ll love D’Adamo Blood Type Diet UniBars! These chocolate cherry bars are great for all blood types, says Dr. D’Adamo.
In addition to the specific diets for each type, Dr. D’Adamo has developed various supplements to support your health. Among the ones that Vitacost is pleased to offer:
- D’Adamo Blood Type Diet Glycoscia, which was developed by Dr. D’Adamo to support the body’s natural ability to maintain healthy blood sugar levels already within normal range.
- D’Adamo Blood Type Diet Harmonia Deluxeâ„¢ Greens Drink Mix, which is a convenient way to introduce more fruits and vegetables into your daily diet.