Ever gone clothes-shopping with a friend and both fallen in love with the same outfit? Then you both try it on and realize that it looks great on one of you ““ and doesn’t flatter the other. Diets are the same way. Just because one type of diet works for your co-worker or your cousin doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s your path to weight loss success.
Some dieters, for example, find it easier to lose weight by substituting a tasty weight loss shake or snack bar for a regular meal. And that’s where the Slim-Fast plan comes in.
Here’s how it works:
- Enjoy 3 snacks a day, such as Slim-Fast 100 calorie snack bars, fruits or veggies.
- Replace 2 meals a day (such as breakfast and lunch) with 2 Slim-Fast meal bars or shakes.
- Enjoy one well-balanced 500-calorie meal a day, such as dinner.
All types of variations are possible using Slim-Fast products, and we’re delighted to feature a tasty range:
- You can make a shake for breakfast using the Slim-Fast 3-2-1 Planâ„¢ Optima Shake Mix, and even customize it by making it thicker by using milk and water. It’s a great way to kick off your day because it’s chock-full of vitamins, minerals and protein.
- No time to fix a shake at noon? No worries with Slim-Fast 3-2-1 Planâ„¢ Ready To Drink Shake! This prepared shake drink (which comes in other flavors like chocolate and vanilla) is rich and creamy, with protein and fiber.
- You can mix and match shakes and meal replacement bars. For example, you could enjoy a Slim-Fast 3-2-1 Planâ„¢ Chewy Chocolate Crisp Meal Bar for breakfast rather than a shake.
- Love to snack? Go for it, with 3 snacks allowed daily on the Slim-Fast plan! You might want a portion of fruit for your mid-afternoon snack, such as Edward & Sons Native Forest Organic Sliced Peaches. And for your before-bed snack, how about a Slim-Fast 3-2-1 Planâ„¢ Peanut Butter Crunch Time Snack Bar?
- Remember: Dinner plays a key role in your plan! Just calculate the calories to the maximum of 500. You could enjoy a large bowl of veggies for less than 100 calories, accompanied by 2 ounces of Wild Planet Wild Albacore Tuna for 120 calories mixed with a tablespoon of Spectrum Naturals Mayonnaise with Olive Oil for 100 calories. All that plus a serving of Lundberg Organic Brown Rice for 170 calories, and you can even add a dab of butter to melt atop that rice. Ahhh, isn’t dieting wonderful the Slim-Fast way?
Joanne Eglash, Vitacost.com’s Diet Diva, has a master of science in holistic nutrition and more than 15 years experience as a nutrition consultant, blogger, author and journalist. She has written for a wide range of publications and websites, including ediets.com,Natural Health magazine, Shape magazine, Success magazine, Energy for Women and Chefs. Joanne is currently the national Diets columnist for the online news and entertainment site, Examiner.com, and a features food columnist for Yahoo.
Latest posts by Diet Diva (see all)
- 5 Expert Tips for Warding Off Holiday Weight Gain - November 24, 2014
- 4 Ideas for a Healthier Thanksgiving Gravy - November 17, 2014
- What to Eat, What to Skip If You’re Dieting This Thanksgiving - November 10, 2014