When it comes to finger-lickin’ chicken, you probably want to steer clear of the fried stuff that comes in a bucket. Instead, buy it broiled from the deli section of your supermarket (or cook it yourself). One of the many bonuses is that you’re likely to have leftovers, which means you can make chicken salad for lunch. High in protein and filling with added black beans and salsa, this version makes a hearty and tasty sandwich, or try it scooped up with tortilla chips for a midday meal twist.
Salsa Chicken Salad with Black Beans
Makes 3-4 servings
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine mayo, salsa and herbs.
2. Stir in scallions, beans and chicken. Sprinkle on sesame seeds.
3. Serve as a sandwich, piled on a bed of lettuce or with tortilla chips as a hearty dip.
Latest posts by Diet Diva (see all)
- 3 Simple (and Delicious!) Ways to Serve Shirataki Noodles - September 15, 2014
- 4 Tips for Maintaining Your Weight Loss Success - September 8, 2014
- Should Dieters Take a Probiotic Supplement? - September 1, 2014