When it comes to finger-lickin’ chicken, you probably want to steer clear of the fried stuff that comes in a bucket. Instead, buy it broiled from the deli section of your supermarket (or cook it yourself). One of the many bonuses is that you’re likely to have leftovers, which means you can make chicken salad for lunch. High in protein and filling with added black beans and salsa, this version makes a hearty and tasty sandwich, or try it scooped up with tortilla chips for a midday meal twist.
Salsa Chicken Salad with Black Beans
Makes 3-4 servings
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine mayo, salsa and herbs.
2. Stir in scallions, beans and chicken. Sprinkle on sesame seeds.
3. Serve as a sandwich, piled on a bed of lettuce or with tortilla chips as a hearty dip.
Latest posts by Diet Diva (see all)
- 5 Expert Tips for Warding Off Holiday Weight Gain - November 24, 2014
- 4 Ideas for a Healthier Thanksgiving Gravy - November 17, 2014
- What to Eat, What to Skip If You’re Dieting This Thanksgiving - November 10, 2014