Ever since Elisabeth Hasselbeck announced that she had gone gluten-free and felt fabulous, people across the nation are tossing their wheat products out the window and replacing everything from bread to cereal to dessert with gluten-free variations. The challenge: some of the products taste, well, yucky. Meet that challenge with this list of Hall of Fame Gluten-Free Winners:
- When you want comfort food, chicken noodle soup is a winner. Think you can’t have it when you’re avoiding gluten? Then dip a spoon into Gluten Free Cafe Chicken Noodle Soup, rich with tasty chunks of chicken, veggies and rice noodles.
- From toast at breakfast to your lunchtime sandwich, bread is a must. What’s the best? Ener-G Light White Rice Loaf, which is fabulous spread with almond butter for a light snack or topped with turkey, tomato and lettuce for a luscious lunch.
- Healthy cereal that tastes like maple syrup over pancakes sounds like an impossible dream””until you taste Arrowhead Mills Organic Gluten Free Maple Buckwheat Flakes. It’s good enough to make even breakfast skippers become breakfast believers.
- Attention, Cookie Monsters! Stop looking longingly at the vending machine or drooling over other people’s cookies and dive into your own delights with gluten-free cookies. Best choice for chocolate lovers: Pamela’s Products Simple Bites Wheat-Free Gluten-Free Extreme Chocolate Mini Cookies. And if you have children on wheat-free diets, treat them to Kinnikinnick KinniKritters Animal Cookies.
Joanne Eglash, Vitacost.com’s Diet Diva, has a master of science in holistic nutrition and more than 15 years experience as a nutrition consultant, blogger, author and journalist. She has written for a wide range of publications and websites, including ediets.com, Natural Health magazine, Shape magazine, Pregnancy magazine, Success magazine, Energy for Women and Chefs. Joanne is currently the national Diets columnist for the online news and entertainment site, Examiner.com and a featured food columnist for Yahoo.
Latest posts by Diet Diva (see all)
- Stay-Healthy Tips for Nibblers and Grazers - September 29, 2014
- 7 Healthy Care Package Ideas for College Students - September 22, 2014
- 3 Simple (and Delicious!) Ways to Serve Shirataki Noodles - September 15, 2014