Tart yet sweet, with a creamy texture and a delicate, oat-flour-based crust, these lemon bars are light on the lips and on the hips, with just 130 calories per serving. The one thing this dessert lacks is sugar, using the natural plant-based sweetener Swerve (erythritol) instead.
Yield: 9 bars
Sprinkling of powdered Swerve
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9 x 9 pan with crust ingredients.
- Bake crust for 5-10 minutes, then let cool.
- Pour filling over crust.
- Return pan to oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Top with powdered Swerve or sweetener of your choice.
Nutritional information per slice: 130 calories, 7.5 grams of fat, 10 grams of carbs, 5.6 grams of protein
Dallas Rae is a bikini competitor who just can’t resist good food. To keep her body lean and fit for competition, she sticks to nutritionally-rich and wholesome foods but never denies herself a sweet treat when cravings strike.