Roasting, sautéing, stir-frying, even juicing—the ways to prep and enjoy vegetables are endless. But here’s one that might not have crossed your mind. With some creative carving and a little paint, you can use veggies as crafty stamps to add colorful swirls, stars and other shapes to fabric, paper, wood or…whatever! As long as you’re doing dishes, why not keep these pretty tea towels nearby to brighten the chore?
DIY Hand-Stamped Tea Towels
What you’ll need:
What to do:
1. Use paring knife to carefully cut vegetables into shapes and patterns to make stamps.
2. Cover table surface with newspaper or scrap paper to protect. Spread towel on surface and smooth flat with hands.
3. Use paintbrush to coat vegetable stamp with paint.
4. Gently press stamp to towels, lift and repeat as desired.
5. Let towels dry.
Latest posts by Method (see all)
- A Trick for Refreshing Denim Without a Wash - August 21, 2014
- Get Crafty: Use Vegetables to Hand-Stamp Tea Towels - July 23, 2014
- How to Get Rid of Lingering Odors - June 20, 2014