I’m a personal trainer and a fitness model, and I maintain a body fat percentage of less than 6%. Nope, that’s not a typo; it is indeed a single digit. People say, “You must have to kill yourself at the gym to maintain that percentage,” but the truth is, I only work out 60-90 minutes a day, five days a week, including cardio. The real reason I stay so lean is because of the way I eat.
Here are a few of my diet staples–you’ll note a lot of lean protein and whole grains here:
- Lundberg Gluten-Free Brown Rice Organic Rice Cakes (Lightly Salted)
- Natural Sea White Albacore Tuna Without Salt
- MaraNatha Raw Almond Butter Creamy
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Steel Cut Oats
- TruRoots Organic Whole Grain Sprouted Quinoa
Get fitness and sports nutrition tips from personal trainer Deniz Duygulu, an International Federation of BodyBuilders Men’s Physique pro athlete. Like Deniz on Facebook to watch videos demonstrating correct form and for advice on fueling effectively.