Enjoy this fresh and simple recipe courtesy of Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP, Editor-in-Chief of The Healthy Apple and a Manhattan- based culinary nutritionist, personal chef, professional recipe developer and food writer.
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- 4 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. key lime flax oil
- 2 Tbsp. white sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine blackberries, lemon zest, mixed greens, dill and scallions. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, vinegar, oil, sesame seeds, sea salt and pepper. Pour dressing over blackberry salad; gently toss to combine.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is the Editor-in-Chief of TheHealthyApple.com; she is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer, Food Photographer and Writer specializing in simple gluten-free and dairy-free “˜Clean’ recipes using whole foods. Amie recently healed herself from six years of chronic pain, exhausting every doctor in the country and Mayo Clinic; she shares her story of how Clean Eating saved her life and inspires you to Clean up your food, too. Amie lives in Manhattan, NYC where she cooks for a variety of clients including celebrities and people with busy lifestyles who enjoy healthy, fresh food. Visit Amie on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest; she’d love to hear from you!