Breakfast for dinner is always a hit, but what about dessert for breakfast? Why not start the day with something so sinfully delicious it makes getting out of bed early worth it? These homemade pancakes are moist and cake-like, studded with chocolate chips and loaded with flavor from fresh bananas and organic cinnamon. It’s just like eating an actual slice of banana bread, without the extra sugar, dairy and guilt.
Makes 4-5 medium-sized pancakes
1-1/2 cups rolled oats
1 tsp. baking powder
1 scoop vanilla whey protein
¼ tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 Tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 banana, sliced
2 Tbsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Toppings: walnuts and maple syrup
1. In food processor, blend oats to fine, four-like powder.
2. Add all remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips and walnuts; blend until smooth. Fold in a tablespoon of chocolate chips.
4. Spoon ¼ cup of batter per pancake onto heated skillet coated with non-stick spray. Let pancake cook to firm slightly, then gently place sliced banana and sprinkle another tablespoon of chocolate chips on top. Let cook, then flip and cook other side.
5. Top with walnuts and maple syrup, if desired.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Spinach & Sun-dried Tomato Pasta with Creamy Greek Yogurt Sauce - August 25, 2014
- Cherry-Pistachio & Chicken Quinoa Salad - August 18, 2014
- Oven-Baked Homemade Hard Taco Shells - August 11, 2014