While you’re waiting for the temperatures to warm up outside, why not turn up the heat in your kitchen? These spicy, homemade tortilla chips are perfect for your favorite salsa or dip. All you need is an oven, a sprinkling of spices, plain corn tortillas and a few minutes.
- 2 large corn tortillas
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- pinch of chili powder
- pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice tortillas into wedges using a pizza cutter.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
- Place onto a baking sheet; bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven; serve with your favorite salsa or other dip!
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is the Editor-in-Chief of TheHealthyApple.com; she is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer, Food Photographer and Writer specializing in simple gluten-free and dairy-free ‘Clean’ recipes using whole foods. Amie recently healed herself from six years of chronic pain, exhausting every doctor in the country and Mayo Clinic; she shares her story of howClean Eating saved her life and inspires you to Clean up your food, too. Amie lives in Manhattan, NYC where she cooks for a variety of clients including celebrities and people with busy lifestyles who enjoy healthy, fresh food. Visit Amie on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest; she’d love to hear from you!