If you love honey as much as I do, you know that it’s a very versatile substance. Check out this quick list of 10 uses for organic honey – you just might “bee” surprised at what it can do!
1. Add to tea. Organic honey is a perfectly sweet addition to a steaming cup of herbal tea.
2. Spruce up a sandwich. Turn a plain-old peanut butter sandwich into a peanut-butter-and-honey masterpiece.
3. Make your own skincare mask. Check out this honey pumpkin facial mask recipe, or share your own below!
4. Rub on a boo-boo. Honey not only offers a soothing texture, it’s also brimming with nutrients and may even have antiseptic properties.
5. Dip your fruits. Dunk apple slices, banana bits or any other fruit into a small bowl of honey for a sweet treat.
6. Use as a sugar-sub. Honey makes an excellent substitute for sugar in certain dishes. Use 3/4 cup for every cup of sugar your recipe calls for – reduce other liquids (1/2 cup for each cup of honey) and reduce baking temperature by 25 degrees.
7. Soothe a scratchy throat. When your pharynx is angry, nothing feels better than a thick coating of honey. Mix up the perfect throat-soothing cocktail with lemon, organic honey and hot tea.
8. Whip up a DIY lip balm. Mix 1 tsp of honey with 3 tsp melted beeswax and 4 tsp jojoba oil for a hydrating homemade lip balm.
9. Soften dry skin. Honey also makes a great moisturizer for skin. Rub on elbows and heels to soften rough spots.
10. Brush on crust. Baking your own bread or pizza dough? Brush a little organic honey on the crust to give your family a sweet surprise!