Feeling nutty? You’re in good company. From almonds to cashews, nuts have become popular because of their many health benefits. Nuts contain healthy fats and fiber that help support healthy cholesterol. In addition, because they are satisfying, you’ll eat less and curb cravings.
Some nuts, such as walnuts, contain omega-3s, essential fatty acids that support heart health. And if you’ve got brain health on the brain, consider cashews. They’re high in magnesium, a mineral that plays a part in memory.
Ready to go nuts? Here are some suggestions:
- Breakfast: Unsweetened almond milk is low in calories and makes a great choice for those who are lactose intolerant. Blue Diamond almond milk comes in a variety of flavors, from plain to vanilla.
- Add a splash of something different to your coffee or tea with nut milk, such as Pacific Natural Foods Hazelnut Non-Dairy Beverage.
- Lunch: Make a big salad and sprinkle on NOW Foods cashews rather than croutons.
- Snack: Get protein power and satisfy your sweet tooth with Kind Plus Protein Bars in Almond Walnut and Macadamia flavor.
- Dinner: Add Vitacost slivered almonds to your stir-fry.
- Dessert: Take a luscious bite out of Pamela’s Products Pecan Shortbread Gluten and Wheat Free Cookies.
Latest posts by Diet Diva (see all)
- 5 Expert Tips for Warding Off Holiday Weight Gain - November 24, 2014
- 4 Ideas for a Healthier Thanksgiving Gravy - November 17, 2014
- What to Eat, What to Skip If You’re Dieting This Thanksgiving - November 10, 2014