Feeling nutty? You’re in good company. From almonds to cashews, nuts are wildly popular because of their versatility, amazing flavors and endless array of nutrition benefits. Besides being chock-full of healthy fats and fiber to support healthy cholesterol levels, nuts satisfy hunger and help to curb cravings throughout the day.
Some nuts, such as walnuts, contain omega-3s, essential fatty acids that support heart health. And if you’ve got brain health on the brain, consider cashews. They’re high in magnesium, a mineral that plays a part in memory.
Ready to go nuts? Here are some suggestions:
- Breakfast: Unsweetened almond milk is low in calories and makes a great choice for those who are lactose intolerant. Blue Diamond almond milk comes in a variety of flavors, from plain to vanilla.
- Add a splash of something different to your coffee or tea with nut milk, such as Pacific Natural Foods Hazelnut Non-Dairy Beverage.
- Lunch: Make a big salad and sprinkle on NOW Foods cashews rather than croutons.
- Snack: Get protein power and satisfy your sweet tooth with Kind Plus Protein Bars in Almond Walnut and Macadamia flavor.
- Dinner: Add Vitacost slivered almonds to your stir-fry.
- Dessert: Take a luscious bite out of Pamela’s Products Pecan Shortbread Gluten and Wheat Free Cookies.