It’s said that honey is the only food that doesn’t spoil. But if you’ve ever tried Y.S. Organic Bee Farms Raw Honey“”this tidbit of trivia doesn’t really matter. It’s so rich and delicious, you’ll be lucky if a jar lasts on your pantry shelf longer than a week!
Unlike typical “gooey” supermarket honey, raw honey is creamy and spoonable””just right for swirling into a steaming mug of tea or spreading over a slice of toast. It’s also packed with the goodness of natural enzymes and nutrients you won’t find in honey that’s been heat treated and processed.
Why choose Y.S. Organic Bee Farms brand? These beekeepers mean business when it comes to producing pure, sweet honey. Pioneers in organic bee farming, they maintain their colonies without the use of chemicals. And their honey is unfiltered and unpasteurized””in other words, what the bees make is exactly what you get!
If sweetening beverages isn’t your cup of tea, add more raw honey to your life in any of the following ways:
- Spread on bread, bagels, muffins, pancakes and waffles
- Mix with peanut butter and spread on crackers
- Stir a spoonful into oatmeal or yogurt
- Add to smoothies or shakes
- Use as a dip for fresh fruit
- Make honey butter: ¼ cup raw honey + ½ cup softened butter + ½ tsp. cinnamon.
- Make vinaigrette dressing: 1 tsp. raw honey + 1 tsp. soy sauce + 1/3 cup olive oil + ½ cup apple cider vinegar.
- Make raw honey-cacao balls: Blend together ¾ cup raw honey, 2 cups nut butter, 1/3 cup raw cacao powder and ½ cup coconut flakes; roll into balls and chill until firm.
- Make honey lemonade: Blend 1 cup raw honey + 1 cup lemon juice. Add 6 cups cold, filtered water.
- Make honey-cream cheese icing: Blend together 1/3 cup raw honey, 8 oz. cream cheese and 1 tsp. vanilla.
- Make a raw honey facial mask: Combine 5 tsp. raw honey + 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar; massage into skin, let sit for 15 minutes, rinse with warm water.
- Make a honey-coconut deep-conditioning hair treatment: Mix together 2 Tbsp. raw honey + 1 Tbsp. coconut oil + 2 ripe bananas.
- Apply to shampooed hair; let sit for five minutes and rinse thoroughly.
What are your favorite ways to use raw honey? Share them with us below!
Latest posts by Rebecca (see all)
- Introducing a New Way to Shop at Vitacost.com - April 8, 2013
- Get Your Paleo Diet Questions Answered LIVE! - January 8, 2013
- Top 12 of ’12: Vitacost Recipes and Healthy Foods You Loved - December 31, 2012