Almond butter is the new peanut butter. That’s a strong statement coming from a lifelong peanut butter fan, but hear me out on this one:
It’s creamy, it’s nutty and it’s the perfect nutritious spread for fruit, bread, pretzels and more.
If you’re not a fan of peanut butter, or if you’re just looking for something different to spread on your sandwiches, I suggest you give almond butter a try. Why?
- Nutrition: Almond butter offers several important nutrients, such as vitamin E, potassium, iron, calcium and fiber; although nutrient content does vary by product. If you’re concerned about calories, 2 tablespoons of almond butter will set you back approximately 180 calories – very similar to peanut butter.
- Taste: Do you enjoy the taste of almonds? Then you’ll likely enjoy the taste of almond butter, which is simply made by grounding the nuts into a paste. (It’s so incredibly easy, you can even make your own almond butter at home!)
- Ingredients: Many high-quality, natural almond butters are made with one ingredient: almonds! Others include a bit of sea salt or honey – but generally speaking, it’s easy to find a healthy almond butter product made without added sweeteners and preservatives.
My favorite almond butters:
MaraNatha Creamy Almond Butter: Smooth texture, perfectly nutty taste and no stirring required! This is my go-to almond butter for sandwiches and crackers.
Justin’s Natural Almond Butter – Maple: With a subtle hint of maple sugar, Justin’s will really satisfy your sweet tooth. It makes the perfect addition to your morning smoothie, but you may prefer to eat it directly off the spoon. (We won’t judge.)
What’s your favorite spread?
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- Natural Easter Egg Dyes - April 18, 2014
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Switch to Natural Sunscreen - April 13, 2014
- The Ultimate Superfood Smoothie - April 1, 2014