Canned soup. It was one of my staples as a freshman in college, having only a microwave and a can opener to work with when it came to preparing food. I must say, I never thought I’d look forward to another can of chicken noodle soup. But this convenient food has come a long way in the past 10 years.
Which brands of canned soup are best? My pantry is stocked with many different healthy varieties, so I’ll let you in on the secret by sharing my all-time favorites:
- Gluten-Free CafÃ© Chicken Noodle Soup: Going gluten free doesn’t mean giving up classic foods like chicken noodle soup. As someone who has sampled many different brands of chicken noodle soup, I give Gluten-Free CafÃ© two thumbs up for achieving the perfect blend of taste and consistency. You’ll never guess it’s gluten free!
- Dr. McDougall’s Big Cup Black Bean & Lime Soup: OK, so it doesn’t come in a can. But if you haven’t tried any of Dr. McDougall’s convenient cups, you’re missing out! I love the Black Bean & Lime flavor for its creamy consistency and nutrient content; it’s packed with filling protein and fiber for a satisfying lunch. It’s easy to make, too – just add boiling water, stir and let stand before serving.
- Amy’s Organic Low Fat Cream of Tomato Soup: According to Amy’s dad, this is one of the best soups ever created! As a self-proclaimed tomato soup connoisseur, I’d have to agree. The recipe starts with organic sun-ripened tomatoes that are slowly simmered to bring out their natural sweetness. This creamy concoction pairs perfectly with a grilled cheese sandwich. (I know what I’m having for lunch tomorrow!) Try the lower sodium version, too.
- Health Valley Organic Vegetable Soup: Canned soups are typically packed with sodium – but this veggie variety boasts no added salt. No worries, though – it’s still full of flavor! Eat it alone or add beans, tofu or other fresh veggies to warm your soul on a cold day.
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- Natural Easter Egg Dyes - April 18, 2014
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Switch to Natural Sunscreen - April 13, 2014
- The Ultimate Superfood Smoothie - April 1, 2014