Coconut flakes make a great snowy topping for holiday cupcakes. They’re also good for adding tropical taste to your favorite baked goods. But did you know that if you blend them long enough, those stringy little strands transform into something creamy, smooth and spreadable? Coconut butter doesn’t have to come from a jar! Follow this recipe to make your own, then turn it into a decadent candy bark studded with cranberries and superfood cacao.
Recipe courtesy of Heather Disarro of Heather’s Dish
Cranberry-Cacao Coconut Butter Bark
1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add coconut shreds to food processor and process until smooth, about 10 to 15 minutes (stop and scrape down sides several times throughout for consistent texture).
3. Warm honey until thin, then stir into coconut butter.
4. Sprinkle dried cranberries and cacao nibs on top; gently pressing into coconut butter.
5. Refrigerate until hardened. Break into pieces and enjoy!