I love chips. Lentil chips, potato chips, veggie chips, tortilla chips – it doesn’t matter, as long as it’s in crunchy, salty and within arm’s reach.
But lately, I’ve discovered a healthier way to curb those chip cravings — with homemade baked kale chips! They take only minutes to prepare and are packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, potassium and other nutrients.
Homemade Baked Kale Chips
- 1 bunch fresh organic kale
- 1 tbs organic olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Optional toppings: Parmesan cheese, your favorite spices and seasonings
Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
Tear kale into bite-size pieces, then rinse and dry. (I used my brand new salad spinner, weeeee! But a little patting with a paper towel will do the trick, too.)
Cover baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil, add kale.
Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, seasonings or your topping of choice.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until edges start to brown. Kale should be crisp.
Munch and enjoy!
(Want to try kale chips but have an aversion to ovens? Grab a container of Brad’s Raw Leafy Kale.)
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- Natural Easter Egg Dyes - April 18, 2014
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Switch to Natural Sunscreen - April 13, 2014
- The Ultimate Superfood Smoothie - April 1, 2014