Wasn’t it just yesterday that you were thinking about back-to-school bargains for fall? Now we’re into the holiday season, which kicks off on Thanksgiving and continues through New Year’s Day. If you have a party looming on the horizon, we’re here to help you plan ahead for a fabulously festive occasion.
Here are some suggestions, from beverages to cookies to salty treats, for those get-togethers from tree trimmings to open houses.
Whether it’s a tree-trimming party, an open house or a cookie exchange, winter holiday parties make the season brighter. Offer a variety of beverages to cheer up even the gloomiest day:
- For a rich, chocolate beverage, use Equal Exchange Organic Hot Cocoa. Top with Elyon Marshmallows, which are fat-free and gluten-free vanilla treats, to make it extra-special.
- For a sparkling drink, go for Martinelli’s Sparkling Apple Grape Juice and add ice cubes made with grape juice.
- Don’t forget the coffee for caffeine lovers, such as LavAzza Espresso Premium Arabica Ground Coffee. Offer assorted add-ins, such as cream, low-fat milk and Westsoy Soy Milk. For sweetener, use individual stevia packets from Tree Of Life.
Deck the halls with boughs of holly ““ and healthy sweets. We’re talking about satisfying your inner Cookie Monster, of course. Some guilt-free choices:
- You can’t go wrong with including chocolate cookies among the platters. Pamela’s Products are gluten-free and come in flavors such as Dark Chocolate Chunk.
- Soft ginger cookies are oh-so-seasonal. Celebrate with Newman’s Own Hermits.
- And for something that will please everyone, try Enjoy Life Sugar Cookies.
There are those who prefer salty to sweet. And for them, include:
- Flavorful pistachios are a crowd-pleaser. Get ready to crunch with Best Of All Organic Roasted and Un-salted Pistachios.
- Do something different by going with sweet potato fries from Boulder Canyon.
- Ahoy, matey! We’re ready to nab for Pirate’s Booty in flavors like Aged White Cheddar.