At Vitacost, we have one word for how we want you to feel about your autumn 2013: Awesome! And that means celebrating the essence of the season in the healthiest fall foods, from pumpkin to apples.
Apples: We’ve all heard that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Well, there’s something to that adage. You get filling fiber to benefit your cholesterol and waistline, vitamins and minerals for every part of your body and the natural sweetness of the fruit. Some ways to enjoy it in good-for-you-products:
- Did you know that apple cider vinegar can help you digest your food while adding flavor to veggies and salads? Try it on your next salad with Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar.
- With no added sugar and real fruit flavor, we love apple chips for snacks! Try Bare Fruit Organic Apple chips in flavors such as cinnamon and Fuji.
- We’ve got a tip for turning ordinary toast into something special: Apple butter! Bite into bliss with Eden Foods Organic Apple Butter.
- Got kids and want a healthy after-school snack? We’ve got it with Earth’s Best Kidz Organic Apple Sauce Cups.
- Tea time, and we’re serving the perfect fall beverage: Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Herb Tea.
If you think of pumpkins as something used for carving jack o’ lanterns for Halloween, you’re missing out on a great source of fiber, vitamin A and protein! Savor it with:
- Farmer’s Market Organic Canned Pumpkin is perfect for mixing with plain Greek yogurt. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon, a dash of stevia and you’ve got a tasty, healthy dessert.
- What to eat when you crave something to munch? We’ve got the answer with Eden Foods Organic Pumpkin Seeds.
- Tell me what you want, what you really, really want. If it’s something delicious and healthy for a snack, meet your match with Nature’s Path Organic Flax Plus Pumpkin-N-Spice Granola Bars.
Joanne Eglash, Vitacost.com’s Diet Diva, has a master of science in holistic nutrition and more than 15 years experience as a nutrition consultant, blogger, author and journalist. She has written for a wide range of publications and websites, including ediets.com, Natural Health magazine, Shape magazine, Success magazine, Energy for Women and Chefs. Joanne is currently the national Diets columnist for the online news and entertainment site, Examiner.com, and a features food columnist for Yahoo.
Latest posts by Diet Diva (see all)
- 5 Halloween Treats That Won’t Wreck Your Diet - October 27, 2014
- Beat Belly Bloat: Flattening Your Stomach Without Shapewear - October 20, 2014
- Healthy Snacks to Take to Work When You’re Dieting - October 13, 2014