Pumpkin is everywhere right now. As well it should be, because pumpkin is delicious, nutritious and a wonderful reminder that fall is in full swing! One of the best ways to embrace and celebrate pumpkin is with these fluffy, filling, gluten-free pancakes! They’re perfect for breakfast OR dinner. (Because having breakfast food for dinner is one of life’s little pleasures.)
Conventional pancakes may not be considered “nutritious,” but a scoop of pure, organic pumpkin adds a boost of vitamin A, vitamin C, iron and fiber.
- 1 ½ cups Gluten Free Sensations Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 large egg (or vegan egg replacer)
- 1 Tbsp Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Sucanat Brown Sugar, packed
- ¾ cup Farmer’s Market Organic Canned Pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp Vitacost Extra Virgin Certified Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almond Milk or water
- Optional topping: Vitacost Pecan Halves
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine pancake mix and spices.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg and brown sugar, then add pumpkin, oil and almond milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mix together to make batter. There may be a few more lumps than your typical pancake batter, but don’t fret.
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil in a skillet on medium-high. Add 1/3 cup batter to make each pancake. When batter starts to bubble, flip over and cook until browned.
- Top with pecans, if desired. Enjoy!