For some, going gluten free is not an option. For others, it’s a dietary change they chose because it makes them feel better, exercise harder or has improved their life in a number of ways. Unfortunately, gluten-free foodies are often left with bigger grocery bills and smaller selections. After much searching (and lots of shopping!), I finally found the best source for all things GF.
Of course I’m talking about Vitacost.com! Trust me, I’ve shopped the competitors and the prices at Vitacost.com just can’t be beat. And when they have a sale on gluten-free foods…forget it! Plus, they deliver everything straight to my door so I don’t have to fight the crowds or drive to multiple health food stores to get everything I want.
Here’s my most recent gluten-free shopping list:
- Barbara’s Peanut Butter Puffs Cereal - Okay, apparently this cereal isn’t certified gluten free (it is free of wheat – sorry). Regardless, it was a staple during my dorm-room days, and I’m so glad I’ve found these puffs again!
- Rise Foods Boomi Breakfast Bars in Crunchy Macadamia Pineapple
- Glutino Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Brownie Mix – You can’t even tell these are gluten-free. The last time Andrew and I baked these brownies I think we ate them all in one day. Oopsy!
- Bakery on Main Instant Oatmeal – This tastes just like a muffin — so delish!
- King Arthur Flour Pancake Mix – Andrew loves waffles and pancakes, but we never eat them. He’ll be happy to see this mix.
- Coco Cafe Coconut Water in Caffe Latte – I feel dehyrdated when I drink coffee all day, but this combo of coconut water + espresso gives me natural electrolytes AND my caffeine fix = best of both worlds!
- Blue Monkey Coconut Water – This is our all-time favorite coconut water. We usually get the pulp-free version.
- Bob’s Red Mill Tapioca Flour - I’m always on the hunt for the perfect gluten-free flour, so please share your favorites in the comments below!
- Silk Pure Almond Milk Vanilla – We use this in all of our smoothies. Blend it with a few berries, yogurt and protein powder.
- KIND Bars – How can you not love these super-simple, super-nutritious snack bars? With 12 in a box for only $17.99, Vitacost has the best value you’ll find. (They have a lot of sales on KIND bars, too, which you don’t see anywhere else.)
- Blue Diamond Almond Nut Thins in Cheddar Cheese – I’ve had the original and thought I’d try out a flavor. You can’t go wrong with cheddar cheese, right?
- Amy’s Lentil Soup
- Kettle BBQ Chips - These are the BEST chips EVER!
Buy my whole list:
I want to know: What are your go-to gluten-free foods? I know how hard it is to find GF goodies that truly taste good, so share your faves in the comments and help us all out!
Kendra Atkins lives in Los Angeles with her hubby, Andrew and puppy, Kaila. She is dedicated to finding the best beauty products, scoring the hottest fashion looks and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Watch Kendra’s video reviews at vlogwithkendra for tips on everything from eating gluten free to creating the perfect fall look for less. For more great ideas, check out her blog: withkendra.com.
Latest posts by Vlog with Kendra (see all)
- DIY All-Natural Sugar Scrub - February 20, 2015
- Effective Evening Skincare is Easier Than You Think - February 13, 2015
- How to Create a Morning Skincare Routine for a Flawless Face - January 23, 2015