Even though this classic brunch dish is protein-dense, it maintains the fluffy consistency that you’d expect from a frittata. By using more egg whites and skipping the crust, you create a lighter, more airy meal. Mix in a few garden-fresh herbs and veggies, and you have a healthy, savory, one-dish-wonder. What better way to start your day?
Portobello Mushroom Frittata
6 egg whites
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
6 chopped chives
2 cups finely diced Portobello mushrooms
1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and add remaining ingredients; mix well to combine.
3. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
4. Bake 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set.
5. Remove from oven, let cool, then cut into slices and enjoy!