Peanut butter. Creamy or crunchy — it doesn’t matter to me. I can enjoy it spread on a piece of soft bread, fruit or simply heaped onto a spoon. Everyone here at Vitacost knows about my penchant for peanut butter; some would even say it borders on obsession. When I heard about powdered peanut butter, I’ll admit I was bit skeptical. But being a lover of all things peanut-flavored, I thought I’d give it a try.
If you’ve ever glanced at the back of the jar, you know that peanut butter isn’t exactly a diet food. Rarely do I bother to measure out the two-tablespoon serving before I slather it on my sandwich. But just 1 serving delivers almost 200 calories, 185 of which are from fat.
Enter Vitacost PBSLIM.
To make this all-natural powder, non-GMO peanuts are slow roasted and pressed, a process that results in a reduction of 85% of the fat calories. Each serving contains only 45 calories and provides 6 grams of protein!
Sounds too good to be true, right? I put this powdered peanut product to the test, and I’m pleased to say that it gets my seal of approval. It’s delicious – and dare I say, downright addictive. With PBSLIM Powdered Peanut Butter, adding peanut flavor to yogurt, oatmeal, protein shakes, cereal and more is a snap. And when mixed with water, it forms a perfect peanut spread that pairs well with crisp apples, dips, desserts – even chili and stir fry!
Chocolate PBSLIM Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup Blue Diamond almond milk
- 2 Tbsp Vitacost PBSLIM Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1 scoop ARO Chocolate Whey Protein
- 1/2 tsp Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 packet Best of All Stevia (or natural sweetener of your choice)
- 1/3 cup frozen fruit (strawberries, bananas, etc.)
- 4 ice cubes
How will you use PBSLIM Powdered Peanut Butter? Leave us a comment and let us know!
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- Natural Easter Egg Dyes - April 18, 2014
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Switch to Natural Sunscreen - April 13, 2014
- The Ultimate Superfood Smoothie - April 1, 2014