Chicken Satay is one of my favorites. It’s easy, it’s delicious and with a few smart substitutions, it can be pretty darn diet friendly! In this flavorful version, PBSLIM Powered Peanut Butter plays a big part in keeping the calories down. Fire up the grill and get familiar with this tasty recipe:
Skinny Chicken Satay (serves 2-4)
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated or minced ginger
- 1 tsp Simply Organic Curry Powder
- 1 – 1 ½ lbs chicken breasts (skinless & boneless), cut into small strips
- 20 wooden or metal skewers (if using wooden skewers, be sure to soak in water first)
- Oil-based grill spray
PBSLIM Dipping Sauce
- 6 Tbsp PBSLIM Powdered Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp San J Wheat-Free Organic Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 heaping Tbsp Madhava Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Santa Cruz Organic Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp ginger
- 6 Tbsp hot water (add to food processor or bowl slowly as you combine other ingredients)
- Optional: 1/4 tsp Thai Kitchen Roasted Red Chili Paste
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, ginger and curry powder. Stir well.
- Add to shallow baking dish, place chicken in dish and toss to coat. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours (or overnight, if you prefer).
- Thread chicken onto skewers. Spray grill (or pan) with oil, then grill each the chicken for 3-5 minutes per side or until thoroughly cooked.
- Grab a skewer, dip and enjoy!