Personal trainer Deniz Duygulu, an International Federation of BodyBuilders Men’s Physique pro athlete, offers tips for a fun Memorial Day weekend that won’t destroy your dieting efforts:
- Fire up the grill with turkey burgers or grilled chicken instead of burgers and hot dogs.
- Skip the buns, or choose whole-wheat bread.
- Instead of bringing something fattening to the party, bring a veggie tray with low-fat dressing or nuts.
- Don’t mindlessly graze on finger foods. The calories from those chips and dips can add up!
- If you’re going to enjoy alcohol, stick with light beer and sugar-free mixers – in moderation, of course.
Have a healthy, happy and safe Memorial Day weekend!
Get fitness and sports nutrition tips from personal trainer Deniz Duygulu, an International Federation of BodyBuilders Men’s Physique pro athlete. Like Deniz on Facebook to watch videos demonstrating correct form and for advice on fueling effectively.