If you’ve tried low-carb diets or low-fat diets and want a different approach, you might want to consider the concept known as carb cycling. It involves alternating high-carb days with low-carb diet cycles. The approach is designed to eliminate fat while keeping your metabolism at its peak.
Because carb cycling provides more variety, many dieters find it easier to follow. The traditional carb cycling diet involves six days of alternating high carb with low carb, followed by a “reward” day on the seventh day.
What to eat on high-carb days:
- Eat whole grains. For example, you could have Bob’s Red Mill oatmeal for breakfast.
- Enjoy beans. For example, at lunch you could have black beans.
- Veg out on veggies. For something different, try Jyoti Delhi Saag Spinach and Mustard Greens with Ginger and Peppers.
- Have fun with fruit, such as Native Forest Sliced Peaches.
What to eat on low-carb days:
- Eat protein such as eggs, chicken and fish, such as Crown Prince Salmon.
- Go for non-starchy vegetables.
- Enjoy healthy fats such as almonds and avocado, such as Vitacost Almonds.
Latest posts by Diet Diva (see all)
- Stay-Healthy Tips for Nibblers and Grazers - September 29, 2014
- 7 Healthy Care Package Ideas for College Students - September 22, 2014
- 3 Simple (and Delicious!) Ways to Serve Shirataki Noodles - September 15, 2014