You’ve added a few leaves of kale, a spoonful of spirulina or a sprinkling of flaxseed to your smoothie in an attempt to boost the nutritional value of your breakfast.
Well, we think it’s time to take the next step – by blending up a concoction that’s chock full of some of the world’s healthiest superfoods. Your taste buds will love the touch of natural sweetness, while your body will rejoice at the presence of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, essential fatty acids and other essential nutrients.
The Ultimate Superfood Smoothie
- ½ cup organic hempmilk
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 banana, sliced into small pieces
- ½ Tbsp organic raw honey
- ½ tsp chlorella powder
- ½ cup spinach leaves
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ tsp organic kelp granules
- 4 slices avocado
- 1 Tbsp organic canned pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 2 tsp acai juice concentrate
- 1 Tbsp cooked steel-cut oats
- 2 oz. piece cooked salmon
- 3-4 ice cubes
Note: Because this superfood smoothie has so many amazingly nutritious ingredients, you’ll need to combine them bit by bit to avoid breaking your blender.
- Add hempmilk, cacao powder, banana, raw honey and chlorella to blender. Pulse to combine.
- Next, adds spinach, chia seeds, quinoa, blueberries and kelp. Pulse to combine.
- Finally, add avocado, pumpkin, yogurt, walnuts, acai juice, oats and salmon. Pulse to combine.
- Drop in ice cubes and blend.
This is the healthiest drink you’ll ever consume – be sure to sip slowly to savor the goodness of all those superfoods!
JUST KIDDING! The above recipe was fabricated in honor of April Fools’ Day – while the ingredients certainly are healthy, we wouldn’t recommend combining them in a blender and attempting to drink them. For real (and really healthy) smoothie recipes, click here.