Wet food, dry kibble, high protein, grain-free – when it comes to pet food, the choices can be overwhelming. Luckily, our research experts at Wellness Times are here to help you sort through the details to discover which food is best for your dog or cat:
Which ingredients should you avoid?
- Animal byproducts: These mystery mixtures can be made from ground up parts, including beaks and feathers. No thank you!
- Animal digest: Be on the lookout for this broth-type substance, which may also contain byproducts.
- Allergens: If your cat or pup exhibits any allergy symptoms (skin issues, digestive woes), he or she may be allergic to beef, dairy products or wheat, all of which are common ingredients popular pet foods.
Read the full article to find out more about what to feed your pet!
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Switch to Natural Sunscreen - April 13, 2014
- The Ultimate Superfood Smoothie - April 1, 2014
- Chemical-Free Spring Cleaning - March 6, 2014